Rate this Bitch

"The only good thing about winning is your first next to losing"

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Want to go to school but how????

I get online to look at how to get grants and stuff to go to school and I get the run around and just been going in circles, so far I see a few things I need to do is first pick what I want to do and then talk to somebody at that school about financial aid programs, but I thought there was like federal grants and special grants for dislocated workers so HELP what do I do to check into going to school and get paid for it some how or help to pay for the schooling since we have no money and might be homeless next month....

I thought it was going to be easy but it looks like I would have to wait till july before I can start school anyway or can I start sooner??? I am looking at maybe a 2 year associate degree in electronic technology..... lots of jobs I could of had if I had this degree, maybe some computer science classes would be good too but for now I will put this computer down and take a break, got too much going on and friday I need to go to the clarkston/walla walla school and talk with worksource about the dislocated worker program and what I can get from them so HELP if you know anything about going to school and the steps I should do to get there, THNX :)

2 comments:

Rachaell JeanBlanc said...

First, if you haven't already, you need to get your taxes done. Here’s the bad part, financially aid is determined from the previous year’s taxes, and last year you had income. With only one member of the family working you might still be able to qualify for grants. You can also take subsidized and unsubsidized loans. Those don’t have to be paid back till 6 months after you graduate with little to no interest and very small payment. A grant alone should cover the cost of school and the loans could help pay for everyday expenses.
I know nothing about dislocated workers. Good luck.

Grey Rooster said...

well thanks, Dislocated workers are individuals who have been or will be laid off as a result of a plant closure or substantial layoff. Dislocated workers also include laid-off workers who are unlikely to return to their previous industry or occupation, displaced homemakers, and self-employed individuals who are unemployed because of general economic conditions or a natural disaster.

I am now considered a dislocated worker and I have been looking it up on google and tomorrow I got a meeting with the state to discuss what washington state can do for me, but thanks for your reply it makes alot of sense now, you are the biggest help so far...

"You can't be first but you sure can be next"