Rate this Bitch

"The only good thing about winning is your first next to losing"

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Life as a bullet assembler

Well you all know I got the job at the bullet factory, I went to orientation on Thursday and started on Friday. My base pay is $14.57/hr and I get a $0.60 extra for working swing, not bad for Idaho but its a fast paced job and I am in the most heavy lifting dept. so they pay the most for that type of work, other employess get less pay but work in a different dept, I am in the highest paid so ya baby..

I work 5pm till 5am - 3 days a week and 4 off , starts Friday at 5pm and ends Sunday mornin at 5am so this is the weekend swing as they call it. I get $15.17 per hour to start and after I am there for awhile I will get raises and will be eliable to get overtime, so yeah I will try to get at least my 40 hours anyway, right now on w/e swing I get 34.5 hours a week, still not bad to start..

First week I rolled and rolled, its a last inspection for the bullets before shipping, the ship these ones to law enforcement so they have to be pefect, no defects when lives are on the line, so now this next week I will train on line 1 as they call it, its where the bullets are assembled in steps and with others as well so its team work and I will learn to be a good worker, I can't afford not too, so far I like the people I have met and I like the job, guess I will tell more later after I learn more...

3 comments:

Rachaell JeanBlanc said...

Hope D gets to feeling better real soon!

1funmommy said...

Nice! Glad you like it! How are the benefits? I want Dan to apply but that would be a bit of a pay cut for us.

Grey Rooster said...

best insurance plan anyone can ask for, takes a 1000 hours to get it but its worth it, yeah its a pay cut but home is worth it. plus I get 4 days off until I can get overtime at 23 bucks an hour I will be getting all I can... I would say apply now to get in the door

"You can't be first but you sure can be next"