Rate this Bitch

"The only good thing about winning is your first next to losing"

Monday, May 11, 2009

Explosion at the workplace...

Yes this is a real explosion (boom) not a bunch of people fighting, it was the last weekend before this work weekend and it was Sunday, or what I call my friday, anyway it was just before lunch and everyone was working hard because the 2 newbies which I thought was ( well better not say) hehehehe I can say it was more work for me with them there anyway, they are being moved to another shift (thank god) anyway we were working along and one employee was priming cases, there are 500 primers on a board and you shake 500 cases into a plate and then you put primer plate then case plate and run it into the machine, the machine presses the primers into the cases, well the machine is set so you have to have cases on the primer plate before you send it in, this is so the primers can not go alone because the press will squeeze them and it will go BOOM....

Well it happened, she set a primer plate on the press and was going fast and sent it in, the machine should of not of sent it in, but the safety mechanism failed and it went into the machine, she claimes she tried to hit the stop button but was too late, BOOM, and everyone jumped in the building, it was loud, so loud that it shook the building, smoke was rolling out of this machine for 30 seconds, it could of been really bad but this machine has plexi-glass shield which contains any parts and pieces from hitting you, yeah sounds like a safe place to work you think....

Well our line was down after that, they left the machine as is until all the big wigs showed up and it was comfirmed the safety switch was out of adjustment, so for who knows how long I been running this machine that way it could of happened to anyone, I have sent it a primer plate but hit the stop button myself and thought that was stupid, so now it works last night this Sunday I thought hmmm so I tried and nothing so I put cases on and hit it and it went into the press, so its safe now, we all thought if she got fired we were going to all say something, why, it was like her first 2 weeks online and the safety was at fault, she got drug tested after this and was gone the rest of the night, but we all seen her this week at her new shift.

It kinda sucks not having a full crew, we are down 2 people on our line so I still have to work my ass off until we get more bodies to replace the empty spots, and to think about all the machines, hehehehehe really for what we do with all the explosive materials we handle it is a safe plac e to work, except in the back of my mind I think all these machines are like over 40 years old and there falling apart, and a big company making milllions every week just wont update the work place, they are getting new stuff on line one and stuff, last night line 2 broke something and shut down, guess someday it will be all replaced.... well thats all the work blog I got for now.

1 comment:

"You can't be first but you sure can be next"